Reasons to work with us
Joining Upthrust is a fantastic opportunity to become part of the best digital product studio team in Belgium.
You can learn a lot and progress your career at a fast pace if you can prove you have the right skills, drive and mindset.
The most exciting part is that we are an ever-changing environment so you can continuously discover new tools and plugins. You can progress your career at a fast pace if you can prove you have the right skills, drive and mindset:
- You will be part of a high performing team and be surrounded by ambitious, driven and fun people who always push themselves to become better and aim higher.
- You will build your own career track and define your own objectives and development plan every 6 months.
- Connect with your colleagues during office lunches, afterwork drinks, rooftop parties, squad dinners and cool team buildings (think karting, paintball, VR games,...)!
- You can fly with us to work in the sun next to a swimming pool during one of our workations.
- Or join us in the mountains during our yearly ski & snowboard trip!
Translate great UI designs in correspondence with a detailed scope into a frictionless WordPress experience in collab with other developers both on-site and remote. You play a crucial role in the ambitious digital product studio projects that we carry out for our customers. You work with our own team on project work or as part of the client’s team.
- You are responsible to implement designs into responsive WordPress themes.
- Prioritize building great products and experiences for customers over hyper-specializing into a specific code.
- As a WordPress developer you will implement Yoast SEO or equivalent by default.
- You will provide UX solutions that fit the design and client needs.
- Your goal is to optimise website’s UI, responsiveness and speed.
- You will solve complex E-commerce needs.
- You will setup connections between Wordpress and PIM systems with plugins or custom (php)code.
- You will collaborate with other experienced developers.
- You will work closely with a project manager to follow up on timing, resources and supplementary info.
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
You’re combining at least 2-3 years of experience as a WordPress front/back-end developer with a fluency in English. We care more about an ambitious side project or an entrepreneurial initiative than we care about your degree:
- You have experience with both front- and backend (PHP, HTML, (S)CSS, ...).
- You can carefully analyze scope and designs in order to do a clear set up (custom post types, taxonomies).
- You make use of ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) in WordPress.
- Experience with the use of the Gutenbergeditor is a plus.
- You have experience with WPML & Gravity Forms, Woocommerce.
- You can find your way around the LAMP stack.
- You can engage with our clients in fluent English when needed. Dutch is a plus!
- You are an EU citizen or you can legally work in Belgium now and in the future without any type of sponsorship.
- You are fascinated by the latest trends in technology. You think in a customer-centric way and are passionate about building digital products that offer a great experience.
- You are not afraid to take on new challenges and are motivated to take up complex project work, involving integrations.
Soft skills we have a soft spot for:
- An effective way of communicating
- Great project & stakeholder management skills
- A commitment to continuous learning
- A high level of accountability & dedication
- Flexibility: it works both ways 😉
- The core values we share in the Quanteus Group: integrity, no subordination, stakeholder value creation, passion, independence, respect, entrepreneurship
Compensation & Benefits
- A front row seat at the best and fastest growing digital team in Belgium.
- The opportunity to shape your digital career and to grow as rapidly as we do. You will get a personal training budget which you may spend however you like, as long as it’s honing your skills.
- On-project coaching by one of our digital experts and monthly trainings on the latest techniques and technologies.
- Challenging and fun projects for the most influential brands and companies out there.
- A mixture of working on team projects and individual expert projects. Sometimes your office will be at the client on site (Antwerp, Brussels or Ghent in most cases) and other times you will work from one of our offices in Antwerp, Diegem, Mechelen or Genk: It’s never boring at Upthrust!
- The best of both worlds: a young & agile team with a growth mindset, supported by professionalism, stability and over a decade of expertise from The House of Marketing and the Quanteus Group.
- Cool activities like growth nights, dinner nights, ski & snowboard trips…
- An extensive salary package, supplemented by a whole series of fringe benefits such as net expense allowances, meal vouchers, mobile phone subscription, etc.
- A very nice company car with fuel card or a flex package if that fits you better.
** Are you a freelancer?
If you're interested in this role as a full-time commitment, we welcome you to apply!
Who we are
Founded in 2018, we are an elite team of 80+ marketers, analysts, designers, developers and project managers. We implement growth marketing processes & build high-performing digital products for ambitious SMEs and big corporates. We also train our clients' internal teams on the process and tactics we use.
Together we are on a mission to create exponential growth for our clients, kick bullshit agencies out of the market and build a global network.
Click the Apply button and join us on our road to #worlddomination!